Irritating Problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

I have the test site working fine on my system at home but there is about a 5px border all around the site, i've set padding and margin to 0px in the CSS file but it wont go away, anyone have any idea what to put into my CSS file to make for example the top of the site to fit flush with the browser??

louie

PHP:
body{margin:0px; padding:0px;}
//in the css stylesheet
any links?

ziycon

PHP:
body{margin:0px; padding:0px;}
//in the css stylesheet
any links?
Have that, no link yet as still waiting for the hosting to be setup, been developing it on a local machine till now!
Code:
#body
{
    background-color: #fff;
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
}
I have a primary and secondary wrapper which are below.
Code:
#primary_wrapper
{
    width: 100%;
}
#secondary_wrapper
{
    width: 1000px;
    margin: auto;
}

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Have that, no link yet as still waiting for the hosting to be setup, been developing it on a local machine till now!
Code:
#body
{
    background-color: #fff;
}
I have a primary and secondary wrapper which are below.

And here I was going to recommend some cream for the irrating problem ... anyways ...

no you don't actually you've an id called body .. and unless you've got id=body in your body tag ... then this is why its not working :)

hope that helps and thats the problem

# = id

body {} is your body tag
#body {} is an id called body

ziycon

And here I was going to recommend some cream for the irrating problem ... anyways ...

no you don't actually you've an id called body .. and unless you've got id=body in your body tag ... then this is why its not working :)

hope that helps and thats the problem

# = id

body {} is your body tag
#body {} is an id called body
Can't believe i didn't notice that, its true what they say, too much time spent in front of code will make you miss little things and someone else will come along fresh and will spot it like that!!

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I must admit for about 20 seconds I was going WTF!!! I glanced at my left hand side monitor and hey presto noticed the # before body :)

louie

The reason i never create an id #body in my code.
I keep reserved words as special.

body, form, input, select, h* tags, etc...

ziycon

The reason i never create an id #body in my code.
I keep reserved words as special.

body, form, input, select, h* tags, etc...
Same as myself, its all the time I've spent on this site this week trying to meet a deadline thats gotten to me, lack of sleep and fresh air!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.