Status
Not open for further replies.

googlebomber76

Check out this mobile site www.irishmobile.ie

I think the site is finally up and running correctly, there's a lot more products to be added and maybe a change to realex for the payments in the future....

Check it out irishmobile.ie, online store

Would love to know what the masters think?
All feedback welcome...

thanks

babyboy808

you have a slight speling mistake in your categories links: "Skyper phones"

paul

Ninja

I'm not a fan of these images, esp. with the white text on them. I think you should use comas in your META description tag. And you should pick a better title. The bottom bar, is a bit too fat, either increase the font, or reduce it's size.
You should include a robots.txt file & a favicon.ico .
How come you don't have phone details on your contact us page ?

rooneydavid

I would agree with babyboy808 about the skyperphones text, do a search in google and it will show you a spell check. Your better off with the text skype phones and thats the common name and thats what people will search for. And if you do a search for skyperphones or skyper phones you will find no results on Google.

The next listing prev text in the products page is to hard to read. You will run into nav problems with people of lower res screens.

But other then that, its a cool site. Best of luck! :)

louie

Not too mad about the colour scheme, not enough contrast.
Should have been a little bit darker.

Otherwise seems good. Good luck with it.

rooneydavid

Well its all about driving the right traffic for the right products. And if the common search words arent with in your site you many find it harder to get ranked for products. I would suggest you sign up to Commission Junction - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing they have an affiliate program for Skype, you could put in the links and if someone downloads it you get paid. :) You may want to also look into Adwords, it can be a good way to drive targeted traffic quickly to your products but you will have to pay per click.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Just a few of my thoughts on it ...

The contrast between white text on faded white to orange headers .. is quite hard to read then having the central strong colours ( O2 .. skype ... 3 ... MSN ) makes it difficult to focus on the menu on the left ...
So its basically hurting my eyes to read it .. that or I need more sleep :D

Not too keen on the colour scheme ... ( personal preference maybe ) .. while I realise where you're going I don't think its quite working

I'm also not liking the green border on your Headers .. Featured Products .. with the orange background and the green border looks strange to me

I think the layout could be a bit better .. any reason to confine it to is that 800x600 ?
as I've got to scroll down a good bit on the page

If I go to komplett for example I get hit with a banner for products they are selling ... on your site I get hit by mobile networks you are supporting ? or selling for .. or something I'm not too sure what the symbols are about there ..

Check out some search engine optimization tricks with the URLs for your site as well .. it looks like an OS Commerce install ... you should be able to have friendly links with that

The
Specials ...
New Products ...
Featured Products
All products on the left hand side looks incorrectly formatted and as such a bit out of place

Apart from that its quite nice :) its an ecommerce shop so :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you telling me what my IP address is?

You may need to spend some time spellchecking the site

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I had just seen that as well down the bottom and I was kinda freaked out by it :D (gotta stay off the coffee) :D

It doesn't freak me out, but I can't see the point in wasting a line of screen real estate with useless information

googlebomber76

Just a few of my thoughts on it ...

The contrast between white text on faded white to orange headers .. is quite hard to read then having the central strong colours ( O2 .. skype ... 3 ... MSN ) makes it difficult to focus on the menu on the left ...
So its basically hurting my eyes to read it .. that or I need more sleep :D

Maybe somone will make me up a nice new template for a bit of free advertising :)

I'll remove the IP address, not sure why it's freaking people out but I don't want any lawsuits on my hand, consider it gone....

Keep the tips coming.....i'll give you all first prefrence on shares:p

louie

there is nothing wrong with the colours but the contrast. Is too light.

Have you got the template you used in psd or png format?

Status
Not open for further replies.