Latest Threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Does the Latest Threads on the front page actually get used ? I find I don't scroll down that far I just go to the Top 5 Stats which has the latest posts anyways ?

RedCardinal

Does the Latest Threads on the front page actually get used ? I find I don't scroll down that far I just go to the Top 5 Stats which has the latest posts anyways ?
I wonder what would happen if they were the first block on the page?
I use them a lot personally.

Worth a try moving them up?

Cormac

They would need to be swapped with the 'Featured Threads' widget if they're to be moved. The Latest threads would need to be brought down from 25 to about 8 so as to not push the forum further down the fold... (all imo of course)

d-tour

from a usability perspective there are two many options on the home page... moving them wont change the fact that you can just press "new posts" or "quick links - todays posts"

Forbairt

from a usability perspective there are two many options on the home page... moving them wont change the fact that you can just press "new posts" or "quick links - todays posts"

I rarely look at the menus ... :D ... didn't even know that was there :D (though I am having deja vu thinking I've said this before)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I removed the "featured threads" thing ...

I'll look into moving the "latest threads" - didn't get round to it over Christmas - sorry!

Forbairt

good to see its gone ... I never did use it and don't think I even looked at it ever.

Forbairt

Same here I set the feed up in iGoogle along with my gmail and of course the news , the weather and the surf in lahinch.

Ghost

Once I realised where it was I bunged it into iGoogle :)

Though I'm now looking for a standalone app either for linux or XP for news feeds. Any suggestions welcome (or I could choose not to be so lazy and search myself)

Forbairt

haven't installed googledesktop in a long time :)

just trying it out and well its pretty much the same as it was ...

Any gadgets you can't live without ?

Status
Not open for further replies.