Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you could please add a link back to this site from your blog or elsewhere it would be appreciated...

Thanks

RedCardinal

Just out of curiosity, what keywords are you hoping to target? I was just wondering whether people find webmaster sites via SE's? Sorry, actually now I realise how dum I am - I presume you want the links to target human visitors.

If you are targeting particualr keyphrases let us know and we can give you the appropriate anchors. I dont mind adding a couple of links here and there for you if you let me know what anchor to use and maybe give a short description (but these would probably be more useful for SE than human eyes).

And if anyone is going to add a link on their blog you will get even more bang for your buck with a full blog post that embeds the link in the body text (SE's give higher weight to theme-relevant embedded links).

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the links so far :)

Rgh - I'm not sure which keywords to focus on at the moment. The domain name itself has a phrase I like "irish webmaster", but I'd really like to get some of the other ones such as "online marketing", "affiliate programs" etc.,
It's a matter of targetting both humans and bots - humans to join and participate and bots to build link popularity to improve SERPS ....

Gavin

And if anyone is going to add a link on their blog you will get even more bang for your buck with a full blog post that embeds the link in the body text (SE's give higher weight to theme-relevant embedded links).

I have also done this as I was just posting about registering a .ie name and who did I recommend? *cough*

Richard thanks for the help earlier - I have added your site to my blogroll using SEO Ireland as the anchor ;)

RedCardinal

I have also done this as I was just posting about registering a .ie name and who did I recommend? *cough*

Richard thanks for the help earlier - I have added your site to my blogroll using SEO Ireland as the anchor ;)

Cormac, the link is very much appreciated.

RedCardinal

Thanks for the links so far :)

Rgh - I'm not sure which keywords to focus on at the moment. The domain name itself has a phrase I like "irish webmaster", but I'd really like to get some of the other ones such as "online marketing", "affiliate programs" etc.,
It's a matter of targetting both humans and bots - humans to join and participate and bots to build link popularity to improve SERPS ....

Sorry for double-posting here.

Just thinking, very competitive niches. Maybe target Irish specific searches for SE's? I suppose 'Irish Webmaster Forums', 'Irish Webmasters' should be very easy to get ranked well for.

Cant imagine how many searches are made for terms like those. When you look over at boards.ie there is little or no real content going on the webmaster board - maybe we just don't have that large a community here in Ireland?

Will let it stew in the old noodle and have a think about what niches to target. What do webmasters search for most? What problems do they need to resolve the most often?

Do you have a forum link in your siggy over at boards Michele? You have a pretty good post count there and it would seem like an appropriate place to advertise?

Rgds

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How about 'Pimpin' it up a bit. Making it a wee bit more prominent? Just a suggestion as you would have to assume it would be a good place to target new board members.

Hmmm.. Any suggestions on how? :)

RedCardinal

Hmmm.. Any suggestions on how? :)

Well just looking at your siggy it appears to be a little congested. Maybe add a line break after the links to create a little space between links and image.

You could also space out the links with a couple more spaces or something?? Maybe bold up the anchors?

And I think if you want to promote this board then you could go uppercase on this particular link and change it to something a bit more enticing....maybe....'IRISH WEBMASTER FORUM' or 'IRISH WEBMASTER RESOURCES AND FORUMS' or maybe 'Check out Irish Webmaster Fourm'? You could add in some non-anchor padding text like JMCC in the example below.

'Webmaster chat' doesn't really say much I think.

Just looked at boards.ie - View Single Post - Is this nice little earner gone? and I think jmcc siggy is far easier to read than yours. Just opinion and nothing more. Hopefully some help ;)

louie

Also try using Ireland word instead Irish. Might help in Google for the ireland search term. Just a sugestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.