Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabvin

Hi All,

I have not really posted here before but over the Xmas I have been looking closely at my latest website version. Can anybody give me some hints and tips on the way that I am trying to SEO the pages. Here is a URL of one of the pages that I am trying to SEO. As with most things the person who sold me this system will not be available until the 6th Jan and I would like to get ahead and try and get the pages up in the Google Ranks. If anybody would be so helpful as to give me some information it would be great. I would like to know in relation (View Source of URL) to SEO and Page Content if:

Kitchenfitters.ie - Fitted Kitchens - The Carlos Fitted Kitchen

1. If I am doing it right?
2. Do these CMS have drawbacks
3. How long does it take the search engines to index your website when you make changes.
4. What are trackbacks (I see a space at the bottom here and would like to know what they are)

If you have the time could you also view the source on the home pages and let me know if they are done right. I have a lot of pages to do and before I go wasting my time maybe it is a good idea to ask somebody here. All help really appreciated.

littleBird

First off, anything to do with Google page rank requires patience & persistence. Most importantly Patience. That is unless you are willing to spend money on an Google AdWord campaign, which will enable you to skip the queue to an extent.

You may get more useful responses on a forum such as this if you were more particular and less broad in your questions. Your first question for example is so broad in fact that you have encompassed an entire industry without detailing what you have done so that someone can usefully reply.

The short answer to your questions is RTFM. Perhaps a more useful response would be to suggest some further reading that may help shed some light on the topics you are enquiring about.

1. Search Engine Ranking Factors | SEOmoz
Google SEO Basics for Beginners

2. CMS - Content Management Systems Comparison

3. http://www.pitecreative.com/art/TIMELINE.pdf

4. Trackback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

littleBird

One final point, when looking through the source code of your homepage it appears that you both of the Google Analytics tracker code snippets within your footer. I have never seen this before so I have no idea affect this may have. I would expect that it is detrimental in some way or other, especially page performance.

Remove the old style snippet and review your analytics account to ensure that it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.