Register of .ie domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiebres

sorry all if i have opend this post worng as i am new here and this is my first post

I am trying to register a .ie domain

I’m not part of a company of any kind
I am just a regular john doe trying to register a domain

This domain will cost me about €30 so I don’t want to waste my money on a domain name like www.MyName.ie
So I have decided that the domain I will register should be a name that might be worth something in the future

I will use this domain for training myself on wed design, emails, hosting, PHP scripts and so on

Now the IEDR is looking for me to make a clam to the domain
They need a signed letter from me saying why I want this domain name

The domain name I am trying to get is www.AttribComputers.ie

I need to have a valued reason for wanting this domain name but the only reason I have is that I like the name

So my question is

What can I say that will class as a valid reason for wanting this name and allows me to have a clam over this domain
Or is there something I can do to give myself a clam over this domain name

Thanks
Robbie

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You would need a registered business name from the CRO (CRO - Home - The Companies Registration Office Ireland)
It is highly unlikely that the IEDR will allow you to register the domain without a registered business name
The alternative is to register yourname.ie, which would just require ID or a copy of a utility bill

MOH

If you really want that domain name, you can register a business name with the CRO online for €20, and you shouldn't have any trouble getting the .ie once that's sorted.

Or if you just want a domain for messing around with, just get the .com for now (it's not taken). Then if you want it for something serious in the future look at getting the .ie then. It's work out cheaper in the long run, only cost you €6/7 per year for the .com against €20 for the .ie

Status
Not open for further replies.