Status
Not open for further replies.

Website Virgin

Hi All,

I am looking for some help. I have recently set up an ecommerce website and am now looking to get SEO & PPC work done.

I have a webiste with seasonal goods, garden, xmas etc with approx 300 products. I am looking for some advice on companies that you would recommend to carry out this work on a budget. I have a budget of €2500 which is to be split 50/50 between PPC and SEO. I am looking to use PPC for Oct, Nov & Dec so i do not miss the xmas trade however i need to begin work on SEO so i have significant work done by the end of December.

I have tried numerous companies both in the UK and Ireland but i have been told so many different things and been quoted so many different prices that i am slightly sceptical & beweildered. I need a cost effective company that i can trut to project manage my website and take it forward.

I have thought about employing somebody directly on contract work to carry out my requirements but I am not sure if this is wise considering I have no come back if the work is not up to scratch.

I could really use some impartial advice here please.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.

louie

SEO work is time consuming and if you get someone that is willing to work for a period of the least 3 months (yes it takes that long to start showing up result) for 1250 Euro, consider yourself lucky.
Hiring an in-house person might be a better idea...

gav240z

I agree..

I agree €1250 probably won't get you too much for SEO.

As stated its very time consuming and requires a refined skillset.

Are you looking for consultancy work? Or are you looking for someone who can analyse and suggest changes as well as carry them out on your website?

PPC is also time consuming but you can get really good results if you know what you are doing.

Any chance we can see the website in question?

That would give a better idea of the work involved.

Website Virgin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

gav240z - Are you company employed or do you operate freelance? As you can appreciate I am not to keen on posting specifics of my website on this forum.

I have an idea on the work that is needed due to the multiple quotes i have received, i need somebody that is cost effective to impliment them. Once the site begins to make an ROI i will then heavily invest in advertising again and this will then hugely benefit the person/company in charge of my site.

I need someone that is willing to operate on low costings now in order to secure long term relations.

If you know of anyone please let me know.

Thanks.

gav240z

I operate in house.

I'm currently employed in house at a media company. I only do PPC and SEO for our company and not other clients.

I would be able to undertake work on a freelance basis however, it would be out of business hours.

Also a large portion of what I would be able to do would revolve around the CMS or system in place and how flexible it is.

regards,
Gavin

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There's a lot of good advice on SEO and PPC scattered around the forums here.

You might be better off reading some of the past threads and doing some of the SEO work yourself. As already mentioned outsourcing won't go very far on that kind of budget

For the PPC side of things you could easily burn through 1k / month without getting any real return on it

Website Virgin

Once again thanks for your comments.

Gav240z - I will pm you.

With regard to the other comments do not have any computer experience and have only com accustomed to SEO & PPC due to me having a website. I wouldnt have the experience or know how to undertake such a task.

Based on my predicament what woudl you guys suggest?

louie

Without an URL we can really say much can we?
If you use some sort of template or website package, have a look into SEO adds-on...

Status
Not open for further replies.