signature not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

achieve

Hi,
Can somebody enlighten me as to why my signature doesn't appear on my posts. If I preview a post/reply I see my signature, but after submitting the signature disappears.
Thanks, Declan.

achieve

I've read forum rules, but I'm still none the wiser. Am I missing something that's staring me in the face?

I see that your signature contains links to websites (which I presume you own/run)?

Declan.

link8r

As soon as you've made a number of posts and have been accepted by the forum (by means of not showing to be spamtastic) then your signatures will show.

There are too many people willing to signup and post a single post just for the signature links. It makes sense to protect the users of the forum by setting a threshold by which weed out genuine from non-genuine users.

Welcome to IWF btw!

achieve

Thanks for that. What's the magic number or does it depend on other factors. I only discovered IWF a couple of months back, and I do think that it is a really useful resource. I would like to think that I can both give and receive help and advice - this what makes forums such as this sucessful!
Declan.

MayaLocke

Most forums don't show signatures until a certain number of posts, this is pretty standard. There are also some that show sigs but they are "nofollow" until a certain number of quality posts then they become "dofollow".

FrisArvz

Its a standard anti spam procedure of most forums. Just enjoy and learn from posting and participating here. You'll not notice, one day, your sigs will just appear.

Bjoern30

a single post just for the signature links.
I understand that spam is an issue but I doubt that one signature post will make a difference in ranking (I could be wrong - I know I was before :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.