Site critique please: PaintBaller.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballer.ie

Hey Lads,

I have recently changed over my site, PaintBaller.ie from ao phpbb based forum and content management system to vbulletin with vbadvanced portal system.

About 90% complete with transferring all the old content over. All posts, threads and forums are transferred, extra pages are still left out along with a better navigation system.

If you can throw an eye on it and tell me your screen resolution and how it looks, that would be great, cheers.

:)

link8r

It looks pretty good - very active and vibrant, but I guess most of that is down to graphics in adverts/suppliers images and the cms/infrastructure/bulletin board which is provided by vBulletin and just customised by you ?

paintballer.ie

It looks pretty good - very active and vibrant, but I guess most of that is down to graphics in adverts/suppliers images and the cms/infrastructure/bulletin board which is provided by vBulletin and just customised by you ?

I don't quite follow. The cms is vbadvanced with a vbulletin back bone. I have customised it and plan to customise it more to make it look less like a vb product.

you can work on graphics and layout ... they are good but cover most of the spaces ....

When you say they cover most of the spaces, how do you mean? It is too cluttered?

Thanks

link8r

To clarify:

It's a nice looking website - but, most of what makes it look good is the images in the ads, video and other things. Still looks like a customised vbulletin - in my opinion.

paintballer.ie

Ah yes I get what yo mean now. Indeed it does still look like a VB site, these are mainly due to the login box and the drop down menu's I think. I am replacing the menus with some nicer drop down menus, but I will prob keep the log in box for now.

Any more suggestions?

neweb

I would loose the background on the site as it takes away from the lovley grean and blue lines at the top of the site. Just a plain white background including arout the logo would be really nice.

tronix

the background cuts off in high resolutions and looks bad
quite a lot of images to load in also so its a little slow
rest looks good

paintballer.ie

Thanks for the feedback so far lads. So far on the 'to do' list:

1- Change background a bit
2- Add better navigation

I have removed the regular vbulletin login box at the top to try and make it look like like a vb site.

PaintBaller.ie

link8r

That's looking very good! I quite like it. The banners look well and the navigation is very easy to use.

Nice photo of the Irish PL - I like the setup with the obstacles/cover points - makes me interested in giving it a shot!

I hope it works well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.