Status
Not open for further replies.

cr8or

I just found this site text-link-ads.com has anyone used them? they look alot like google ads but would fit better with designs.

TextLinkAds™ are unique because they are direct HTML links that can drive targeted traffic and help your organic search engine rankings.

they also seem to have serverside plugins & wordpress.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Their implementation looks very interesting. They've even got vbulletin plugins !!

sinead

pardon my ignorance

i haven't a notion what's going on! I feel left out :-(

but seriously...i'm new to all this and trying to come to terms with the jorgon. what is meant by organic SEO?
also - what do you mean by 'selling a text link'?

Dazed and confused in Waterford!
Sinead
www.crossculturetraining.com

Cormac

i applied for t-l-ads this evening but i got turned down due to:
-The website does not have enough link popularity.
-The website does not have enough traffic.
-The website is currently selling text link ads.

It was for my blog. Which is probably getting maybe 50 hits a day :eek:

I can resubmit my application for further inspection...which I probably will do.

Just wondering if t-l-ads are producing the goods so far?
I like the idea of RSS advertising. Feedburner have a similar system don't they?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
TLA uses a number of factors to determine if a site is "worthy"..

If a submitted site doesn't meet the criteria immediately they will accept it automatically once it does, so you don't need to do anything else with it immediately.

In terms of earnings the price per link is determined by the site's popularity.. so the better Alexa rank and more inbound links etc., then the more you can earn per link.

Redfly

Just wanted to say that as a direct result of this thread, I signed up with TLA and have already earned myself $610 from selling ads on my network.

Would it be poor form to contact those buyers direct and propose selling them the links for next and subsequent months at a reduced rate? Curring out the TLA middleman?

Redfly

Well, I placed the code in the last week of October. For November, thats what it says my earnings are. Not bad.

12 days later - still no offers for my pages (I know there was xmas hols and all - but just call me impatient).....

(And I did set it up right as I got an email saying it was all working OK - and I got the test message on my pages)..

Redfly

12 days later - still no offers for my pages (I know there was xmas hols and all - but just call me impatient).....

(And I did set it up right as I got an email saying it was all working OK - and I got the test message on my pages)..

Well, how much traffic does your site get? What is the PR of the site? Would YOU buy a link on your site for that price?

PR 4.
> 80,000 page views last month.
Alexa rank of 800 and something thousand..
Maybe some niches do better than others?

re buy a link on my own site - mmmmm I would - but then I am biased!

Redfly

If your niche is your myspace layouts niche, don't expect much. You'll get a far better return using adbrite.

I meant would YOU buy a link off the site if it was not your site? Do YOU think the price is justified? With TLA, usually it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.