Which open source is better for CMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexyorkie

I want to launch a webstore on martial arts supplies, I have hired one programmer for that and he is going to create site on php platform. I need to know from the community which open source will be better for CMS joomla or drupal? Or is there something more? Please suggest me. Actually I don’t have experience on this kind of thing, just need an online store which functions well.

Sprouter

There are plenty more options then joomla & drupal, personally I like wordpress. Out of the two I would pick joomla as it tends to be more popular from what I hear (never used it myself). It really depends on what you want to do with the site, if it's just a simple site maybe you don't even need a cms?

achieve

I agree with Sprouter, it's likely that you don't need a actual CMS, as the online shopping software should allow for easy maintenance of the shop.

nevf

Drupal has a focus on communities, community building and structure.

Joomla has the ability and the power, but yet yet has the complexity that means that only someone proficient enough to build their own CMS would really get the most out of it.

If you are looking for a simple, out of the box CMS, pick Wordpress and use it as a 'static, easy to update' site rather than the blog (which it's built as)

Chris Clavel

Seotoaster

Personally I like SEOTOASTER, a free and open source SEO CMS.
It will optimize your site from the get go with plenty of unique features.
Downloadable at seotoaster com
Plenty of tutorials available and they have a showcase of e-commerce sites using that SEO CMS like that cool one athenaofhawaii com

Status
Not open for further replies.