Status
Not open for further replies.

frakilk

I haven't heard of anyone offering this but I'm sure there is. Just don't let the AdSense team themselves offer optimisation advice as they will just tell you to add more ad units to your page (not speaking from experience just heard it elsewhere).

BTW did my previous tips on Armchair's AdSense help at all?

louie

Mostly Ad-sense documentation from Google should be enough to get the right Adds on you website.
At the end it all depend on what they have from your website to make sure the adds are as relevant as possible.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Mostly Ad-sense documentation from Google should be enough to get the right Adds on you website.
At the end it all depend on what they have from your website to make sure the adds are as relevant as possible.
Yes, but it was a query for a site that I don't have the time to optimise :)

Redfly

I think this would be an excellent niche to get into and would probably be pretty successful if offered in Ireland.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ah well ... there I go again with my mad little ideas ....

/me runs off to register relevant domain names

RedCardinal

If anyone considers themselves suitably qualified to supply this kind of service commercially give me a shout - I might have some interesting ideas to share (and possibly potential work).

Richard

writie

If anyone considers themselves suitably qualified to supply this kind of service commercially give me a shout - I might have some interesting ideas to share (and possibly potential work).

Richard
I find the idea of paying someone to optimise a self-regulating system that is supposed to earn money a bit odd. I'd only buy into it if they accepted a percentage of the revenue. Aything else is just the usual cut-and-paste marketing millions for a fiver if you act today routine.

IMHO!

Redfly

I find the idea of paying someone to optimise a self-regulating system that is supposed to earn money a bit odd. I'd only buy into it if they accepted a percentage of the revenue.

Now that would be the only reason I would do it! If I was going to be doing it, I would want a percentage of the difference of increase resulting from my optimisation.

Being honest, once the Google website optimizer tool goes live, there will either be no market for this type of service or a saturated market for it as it is quite a complicated tool. I for one spend about 4 hours a day using this tool since it came out. I want to be on board when this happens. :)

RedCardinal

I have to admit I was actually looking for someone who does Adwords optimisation but got a bit dazed :eek:

I'm just amazed at what people are doing with some of their Adwords :confused:

RedCardinal

Like bidding on keywords that are completely irrelevant to their offering (getting traffic that can never convert). Like bidding on keywords that have no relevance to the landing page. Like seeing large hikes in their cpc due to poor quality score....

I suppose though that Adwords is a system that's been made intentionally simple to use, so you cant expect most users to realise these issues (or to have the time to realise).

Redfly

There are a lot of reasons someone would do that. Shill bidding is one of them. It's complicated and unethical, but it's done.

I have seen people do this to max out a competitions budget in the first half of the day then be "competitionless " for the second day.

RedCardinal

Let's put it this way, I know f-all about PPC but plenty of people using Adwords know a whole lot less.

We're definitely not talking sophistication here, if you know what I mean :)

Redfly

Oh God, I know! There are some COMPLETE money wasters out there. Who knows, maybe they are just wasting their employers money.

Another example is companies bidding on top priced keywords and they already have the number 1 organic listing! There is only one reason I can think of for that and thats brand recognition. But honestly, I doubt many are doing it.

You should pick a high paying affiliate product and play around with adwords. It's a great learning experience. Even if your not doing so well with it, tweak and optimize until you break even. If you break even, you have not lost anything and you just got the most practical SEM lesson for free. :)

paul

Ninja
https://www.google.com/analytics/siteopt/siteopt/help/check.html has anyone used that Google Web Optimizer? I just got an invitation this morning to it.

I have relatively good experience with optimizing for AdSense, I've helped a few people out, but nothing really professional. I helped one person here, but he has yet to implement the suggestions. If anyone wants me to have a look for them you can contact me via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.