Status
Not open for further replies.

sticker

Hey all,

I'm using SoThink video to SWF for a lot of my work, but there doesn't seem to be the facility whereby the video ONLY STARTS streaming when the visitor presses play - much like youtube format.

What do you guys use? - the SoThink software exports a SWF in a nice self-contained player, so I'd like to retain the nice eye-candy aspect but not have a page with videos take an age to load!

Thanks in advance

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
can sothing generate a simple flv file ?

If so you should just be able to load that into your flash media front end of choice ? :)

sticker

can sothing generate a simple flv file ?

If so you should just be able to load that into your flash media front end of choice ? :)

It seems SoThink doesn't have the option of 'turning off' automatic streaming of the media contained in the movie. So any page with more than a few movies takes an age to laod seeing as the streaming proces is automatic - not user activated.

I'm happy to pay for suitable software if anyone can recommend a mpeg to swf convertor (with its an in-built timeline interface that would appear in the site itself)

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
erm as I said ... create the flv files and then load them with a flash video player ? :)

problem solved ... streaming won't occur until you click play on the video player ?

Edit: I checked sothink video .. and it'll output to flv's ...

Town Hall Theatre Galway - Abbey Theatre The Seafarer

basically contains an swf file to load an external flv ... job done :)

sticker

erm as I said ... create the flv files and then load them with a flash video player ? :)

problem solved ... streaming won't occur until you click play on the video player ?

Edit: I checked sothink video .. and it'll output to flv's ...

Town Hall Theatre Galway - Abbey Theatre The Seafarer

basically contains an swf file to load an external flv ... job done :)

Sorry Forbairt - I misunderstood - didn't cop FLV - just thought SWF!

Apologies for the newbie question, but how do I transfer the raw FLV file into a format like that of the link you provided for Galway town hall?

sticker

I did as you asked Forbairt -

converted the mpeg to flv - and embeded the flash player code into the website...

For some reason, the movie plays for a few seconds and then stops -?! I've left it for over an hour and the player just seems to get stuck!! There's no audio also...

All relevant files have been uploaded.

Here's the code:

<embed
src="http://www.jeroenwijering.com/embed/player.swf"
width="300"
height="220"
allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true"
flashvars="height=220&width=300&file=http://www.aimaaeuropehq.com/news1.flv&image=http://www.aimaaeuropehq.com/news1.jpg&displayheight=220&searchbar=false"
/>

Sorry to drag out this thread, but I'm probably just missing something small!

Thanks

sticker

Wow - I've just tested the site in IE - and it's fine - ?!?!

For some reason I'm getting bad playback in Firefox! - thats a first!

Status
Not open for further replies.