Status
Not open for further replies.

decbohan22

Just let IrishVids.com expire this week if anyone wants to reg it. You could set up a little Irish YouTube :)

Seems that someone liked my 'head's up' that I let it drop but not enough for so much as a 'cheers mate, thanks for that and hey I might just give domainsarefree.com a go also' :)

Just kidding. I let the odd domain drop and if I think someone might be interested I will post in the Domain thread section forum part thing. Might have one or two later today.

Dec

ps .. is Gary here?

garycocs

Hey Dec,

Ya sorry I didnt get back to you about that one. Up de bloody walls at the moment and stuff! I don't know why I'm buying thsese up cause trying to find the time to sort em out is another thing.
Reckon a wordpress blog with video feeds from you tube tags of ireland might be a go!

Thanks again!

decbohan22

Hey Dec,

Ya sorry I didnt get back to you about that one. Up de bloody walls at the moment and stuff! I don't know why I'm buying thsese up cause trying to find the time to sort em out is another thing.
Reckon a wordpress blog with video feeds from you tube tags of ireland might be a go!

Thanks again!

I was only joshing. I know exactly how it is. I am always telling people to make time for their domains and keep on top of expiry dates and I myself have lost three domain names cause of not watching my emails from Godaddy closey enough.

Three very nice ones also. Ya live and learn so I'm going to get more strict.

I had thought something along the lines of the MetaCafe.com would be ideal for IrishVids.com.

There are so many people now with video phones that record everything that happens to them it would seem that there has to be a place for a website specifically for Irish people to post their vids.

I know you will never touch YouTube for what they can do - hell, people ar getting famous off just having mimed to some song or other on it - crazy.

However, there is something about a site dediacted to a section of society that makes it seem to have just a little bit more soul about it. Like some of the irish blogging sites - there is quite a few of them - so why not vids.

You could try and get one of those turnkey sites (TurnkeyNation is a good place) they have a few sites but they can be expensive .. but if it took off and people wrere throwing up vids of irish joyriders and bouncers battering people outside Copper's - sure ya'd clean up on the ad revenue alone :)

Dec

garycocs

Ya I was thinking something along the same lines, not sure about spending money on it though. Bit stuck at the moment.

I can set up the wordpress blog easy enough. Is there some kind of metacafe plugin that will allow people upload videos to the site?

Or maybe I could just have a page where you just add a youtube link and it embeds a video into a new blog?

Could work with Rugby tries / soccer goals etc etc

Thanks
Gary

decbohan22

Ya I was thinking something along the same lines, not sure about spending money on it though. Bit stuck at the moment.

I can set up the wordpress blog easy enough. Is there some kind of metacafe plugin that will allow people upload videos to the site?

Or maybe I could just have a page where you just add a youtube link and it embeds a video into a new blog?

Could work with Rugby tries / soccer goals etc etc
Gary

Well, I was looking at it from the point of view of getting a decent hosting package thrown in because if it takes off and there is no reason that it wouldn't - then you don't want one of the freebie places kicking you off because 1000 or so people upload their vids :)

As far as freebie places Ning is the best. I have thrown together an amazing few social video / blogging sites in 20 minutes there that would take you months else where. Very like Moonfruit but more drag and drop based.

People can Blog, post Vids etc - it's very cool. I had IrishBlogging.com set up there for a bit as I wanted to see how Google would rank it based on the title page. It is very limited their with what they actually let you change with regards to the source code so - but they do have a description box and keyword which is then added to the souce for you.

Unless things have changed over at Ning you will have to point you domain at your new site which will most likely be irish-vids.ning.com - so I'd say MyDomain.com should do the trick. Either way you'll like Ning.

Dec

garycocs

Hi Dec,

Well it's been a while (It actually only took me 5 minutes after) but I've it thrown up Irish Vids

A word of advice for anyone using domainsarefree.com DON'T it's not worth the hassle for the 4 or 5 euro you save on it! Trying to port over irishvids.com now and it's a damn nightmare!

Thanks again Dec
Gary

decbohan22

Hi Dec,

Well it's been a while (It actually only took me 5 minutes after) but I've it thrown up Irish Vids

Thanks again Dec
Gary

That's no problem. Your very welcome. Should have posted back as I have let alot of domains drop that some people might have liked.

The domains I have with DomainsAreFree.com are all hosted with MyDomain.com as I can A name point (needed for Moonfruit.com), mask, catch email etc etc all from there so I like them when it comes to DAF domains.

The Premium account with NING allows you to use your own domains though so no need for just pointing domains then.

I'm starting a few projects soon that are not 'domain name' based so just want to let them go to free up my thoughts more than anything.

Been YouTubing alot lately also. If you type 'DublinVids' into you'll pretty much be able to tell ever step I've taken since Feb this year :)

Feel free to rip and use any of the vids that I've uploaded.

MediaConverter.org is an excellent website for allowing you to download vids from YouTube. You can even extract an MP3 from any YouTube vid using this website.

My favourite YouTube vid right now (you'll find it in MyFavourites in MyChannel on YouTube is Fox News's Bill O' Reilly Inside Edition outtakes vids from about 1997. There are even dance remix versions. The best and funniest thing I've seen in years.

I've actually done a little parody of the [ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJnw1dre3w"]Bill O' Reilly[/ame] at the weekend for a laugh as I had a few hours on my hand and nothing much to do :)

Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.