Status
Not open for further replies.

Solyad

I too have noticed a degradation in support. I have a number of sites hosted on register365 / now namesco - both privately and on behalf of our company.

I've found the new support slower and some of the guys seem... less helpful....

(I had a simple standard enough request which was rejected which led me to look for an alternative provider. Spent time looking into alternatives, had to discuss ramifactions with a business client - eventually when the loss of business was mentioned to namesco - request was approved and eventually got an assurance the settings we need would be kept. Took about 2 weeks to get the assurance we need and resolve once and for all and has left a sour taste with the new owners.

The first suggestion by the way was nonsense on this issue "Oh, I think you need a dedicated server instead..."

Another thing that really bugged me was the new support tend to close the tickets, when I feel its not resolved. Its normal for support teams to ask if the ticket can be closed, not tell me it is when I'm not happy... not a good start to my time with Namesco)

I'm missing the Polish guys already as they were very quick and always helpful... and always asked if the ticket can be closed

/sorry, thats quite a rant for a first post!

adrian5750

A reply from Namesco about yesterday's outage

Dear Customer

Yesterday, Tuesday 5th August 2008, the data centre hosting register365.com's mail and Linux servers suffered a hardware failure, which meant that some customers were unable to collect email or view their web sites.

This unplanned outage lasted approximately 2 hours, while hosting365 engineers attempted to resolve an issue with a router which provided access to the hosting365 data centre and register365's network.

During this period, call volumes to register365's Support Centre were extremely high, running at about 500% of normal. This meant that wait times were longer than usual, and some customers either faced a longer wait than normal, or could not get through.

We apologise for this unplanned interruption to service, and we are working with hosting365 engineers to acsertain what happened and what can be done to prevent such an instance from re-occurring.

Anybody get a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling about this ?
No - me neither....

Signed by a fellow from Namesco - seems to point the finger at "Hosting365 engineers" - wheher this is right or not - it's poor customer relations to blame somebody else...

Adrian

neweb

adrian5750

Thats almost the exact reply I got (word for word)

Lads you get what you pay for, true it's annoying, but if you want an SLA, you will have to pay for it. With this Register365 - Ireland's Domain Registry , you could conceivably have 50 websites and pay €100 per year, or €2 per site.

Paul, I hope you don't mind me saying but that’s a ridiculous comment.
Should we be looking for a provider that is going to charge us €300.00 a month!
I get it cheaper because I buy in bulk.
For years in this country we have been told to vote with our feet if something is too expensive. Now they are complaining because we are voting with our feet and going north for our goods.
Just because you pay more doesn’t mean you are going to get a better service.
Hosting365 was a good example of that. They provided a great service at very competitive prices.

http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/members/adrian5750.html

hosting365

A small number (about 12) that shared some Vlans with the Register365 network were impacted with increased latency, we're working at the moment to ensure that can not happen again and are sending comprehensive incident reports to the effected customers this morning.

Solyad

Lads you get what you pay for, true it's annoying, but if you want an SLA, you will have to pay for it. With this Register365 - Ireland's Domain Registry , you could conceivably have 50 websites and pay €100 per year, or €2 per site.

While I agree its fantastic you can get such cheap hosting in Ireland, where almost everything is expensive, you are missing the point, which is we no longer are getting what we used to pay for... thats the issue

Price hasnt changed, service appears to have

paul

Ninja
Register365/NamesCo don't provide a SLA. So they can go down any time and you are at their will.

Solyad

Thats a fine statement which we'll have to accept at face value...

I'm willing to see how it pans out though for a few months, then we can make a decision on what to do in the future.

I know there isnt an SLA but lets face it, any shared hosting company without decent uptime isnt going to last too long

Heres hoping things improve, hope prices dont increase either... checking Namescos site in the UK, they seem pretty expensive.

One thing Hosting365 were great for was driving down prices here...

colmerg

Ans any actual or perceived support or service degradation is purely temporary.

Well it's unacceptable for a temporary degradation in support.

I just bought a VPS with Blacknight, it's so great when you can actually get in touch with support without pulling your hair out. Gonna move 15 websites away from Register365 to Blacknight.

hosting365

Hi Colm,

I'm sure you are paying several times more for your VPS that you were for the Register365 shared hosting plan.

I'm not saying the support is acceptable, but 'regular' support from the new team is getting lots of positive feedback.

colmerg

fair enough Hosting365, i'm just angry that things are not as they were, everything used to be so easy before.

The VPS is about €80 a year more than the plan i have with H365, so it's not that much more.

pyrodesign

I agree with most of whats being said above,
Its frustrating to have come from a service which was extremely good, fast and friendly to one which makes us all feel as though we have just become a number that doesn't really matter anymore.
Closing tickets without issue being resolved, feels as though they send the auto mail then click closed hoping you go away.

I recognise this is the transition period, its just that this is a mission critical service to most of us and our livelihoods depend on it, so a little consideration for that would be in order no matter how much our plan costs ie. keep us updated on current events so we can communicate with our customers so as not to sound like they do and say "I dont know".

biccy

How quickly people forget what the Hosting365 uptime was actually like the last couple of years. Namesco have been in charge for a few months and have been down for a couple of hours. Hosting365 themselves though had major outages in June 2007 and Feb 2008. So far I reckon Namesco have a better uptime record.

As for service from Customer Care, yes I agree that that it is much worse now with Namesco than it was before with Hosting365.

However if I had to choose between uptime and support, I know which one I'd go for every time.

Jabberwocky

Whatever about the uptime, these clowns have just pushed the price of .coms up by 50%, new price is €7.95 before VAT. This is going to have a serious affect on anyone with a lot of domains registered.

I foresee a severe hiding on the Irish market for Namesco in the near future.

n3tFl0w

Whatever about the uptime, these clowns have just pushed the price of .coms up by 50%, new price is €7.95 before VAT. This is going to have a serious affect on anyone with a lot of domains registered.

I foresee a severe hiding on the Irish market for Namesco in the near future.

Im nearly sure everyone is going to be pushing the price up on .coms.

Status
Not open for further replies.