Regional Search Trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

howdi,
can someone recommend a site which can determine regional search terms. I want to find out what search terms Irish people are searching for. I know of Google Trends but i'm hoping there is a better service out there. From what I can see GTrends doesn't have an irish option.

dave

Don't know of any other ones, but google trends does have an irish option.

When you search for a word on the results page there is a drop down box at the top opposite Trend History with a list of all the countries there.

RedCardinal

howdi,
can someone recommend a site which can determine regional search terms. I want to find out what search terms Irish people are searching for. I know of Google Trends but i'm hoping there is a better service out there. From what I can see GTrends doesn't have an irish option.

None of the big Internet stats companies track Ireland AFAIK. You might be able to filter for UK searches, but probably only with paid tools. The other option is to append localised terms onto your search phrases (e.g. '[phrase] ireland', '[phrase] dublin' etc.).

If you are looking for something in particular send me the keywords you're interested in and I'll pass them through some paid datasets for you.

And seen as I'm offering a wee bit of free advice while I'm away, if anyone wants some basic help or advice with their site just leave a comment over at my blog and I'll do my best :)

davidbehan

And seen as I'm offering a wee bit of free advice while I'm away, if anyone wants some basic help or advice with their site just leave a comment over at my blog and I'll do my best :)

I'm going to bug the hell out of you and ruin your holiday!!! :D :D :D

uncleseanie

You could set up an adwords account. Select the keywords you want to
target and you will get an idea of the expected number of clicks and an
estimated cpc.

for local terms, you can just select ireland as the target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.