Status
Not open for further replies.

neweb

It looks like the namesco/ register365 mySQL databases are down.

Tried to access some mySQL databases and I am only getting.

Error
SQL query:

SHOW CHARACTER SET;
MySQL said:

#5 - Out of memory (Needed 6757000 bytes)

Or is this a hosting365 issue.
The error is showing the URL:
phpMyAdmin 2.10.3

Either way they are consistent with there problems!!!!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried contacting their technical support?

louie

Had the same issues a while back working on a small project hosted by them.
Sent an email to the technical support and got it sorted few hours later.

neweb

Have you tried contacting their technical support?

Your joking right…… they don't have technical support.
The only way to contact them is over the phone on Monday morning.

There is no point sending a support ticket as they close every ticket you send regardless of the answer. If you reply to a closed ticket you get no reply.

Sent an email to the technical support and got it sorted few hours later

I used to get problems sorted quickly as well. That was before the all singing all dancing namesco came on the scene.

hosting365

So the short answer is that you haven't even tried to contact support?

support@register365.com
PHONE: 1890 944 500
Fax: 1890 943 653
Mon-Fri 0800 - 2000 GMT+1
Sat-Sun 1000 - 1800 GMT+1

Which is available 7 days a week from the website?

neweb

o the short answer is that you haven't even tried to contact support?

Yes I have, they said it was to do with any phpBB2/phpBB3 mySQL databases I have on the server and this is where the problem is,

No point in telling them I don't have any phpbbs's running on the affected accounts as they have already closed the ticket.

If I do want to tell them I have no phpBB's running I have to start a new ticket. They will reply once with a vary vague answer and close the ticket. And so on and so on.

Why host with them if they present so many problems?
I have lots and lots of accounts with them. Moving them would be a nightmare. I have started moving accounts that are due for renewal. This is not easy as a lot of my customers use custom MX records for there mail so they have changes to make as well.

There are problems and that’s to be expected. Its not that big a deal if they only learned how to handle customers or resellers correctly.

Problems can't be avoided just treat us with a bit more respect and let us decide if the problem is solved. If it is then we will close the ticket.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Any ticket system we've used will automatically re-open the ticket if the user replies...

Why are they blaming a scipt you don't even have installed?

Just seems a bit odd .....

neweb

You could just phone them?
Your right I could, but the problem was only noticed at 11:00pm Sunday night so no one manning the phones (understandably)

On top of that I prefer to use support tickets as it used to be a good reference point for information and answers to problems you have had in the past.
Now its impossible to find answers to previous problems as you have to create so many tickets for one problem.

Sometimes Stephen you give the impression you are just supporting them blindly and regardless of the comments on here the customers are just looking for a reason to complain about namesco.

If this is not the case then I'm sorry for taking it that way. That’s my fault and not yours.

I have contacted them on other problems and been more then happy with the results. I have also stated this on this forum. A simple change of policy with relation to tickets would be enough for me.
It would be nice to know, as a reseller, your hosting company was behind you. It used to be like that but not any more. Maybe it will be like that again some day but at present its not.

Any ticket system we've used will automatically re-open the ticket if the user replies...

Why are they blaming a scipt you don't even have installed?

Just seems a bit odd .....
That’s the way it used to be. You only closed a ticket when the problem was fixed. Sadly its not like that any more with register365.ie

As for the script problem

Looking back over the answer they sent it could be taken that it’s a problem with scripts on websites as a whole and not just my websites (Have to read it 2 or 3 times to see if that’s what they mean)

For the moment I will take it to mean that. The problem was resolved when I tried to gain access this morning.

Good to see it resolved but I'm not a wait and see person!

webmast08

Problems with Register365

As a customer of Register365 (and one of the first with Hosting 365 previously) I cannot voice my disappointment strongly enough with the level of support. In the changeover period I lost valuable data due to miscommunication from the new owners, after 2 weeks of non-stop emailing, phoning and faxing I finally got a response back to say they could not provide me with a backup of my files. If i could have got through to them in 48 hours they could have provided a backup. I was willing to overlook this in the change over period although it still was not good enough.

Since then, I rarely if ever bother to email or phone them as they never give me back a clear answer or even respond.

Today a number of clients rang me in a panic to say they were having problem with their email accounts.. What answer could I give them? There is no longer a hosting status website to allow me keep alerted to issues on the mail servers. There is no forum to view comments from other customers.. there is no email support.. I literally have no way of knowing what is happening

I rang the support number, spoke with the receptionist at 4.45pm and told her I needed urgent info., if not to keep my clients off my back.. she sounded sincere and told me she would transfer me through to support.. YES i got transferred to be told by the sutomated system that they valued my call and I was in queue position 6!!! I held on til five o'clock and failed to move up the list.

Though I manage a number of reseller a/c with register365, with clients numbering close to 200 domains - I really dont have an option to move away... I just wish Namesco could be more open - I know there must have been teething problem in the changeover, but stop burying your head in the sand... give us a forum, or email us when there are problems, or bring back live support... I really feel like they have me over a barrel at this stage.. dont know whether to laugh or cry

neweb

Same problems here, emails went down today at about 3:15pm

There used to be a blog or forum where you could click in and see a brief description of the problem, what they are doing to fix it and an estimated time of when it will be all back up and running.

Then when a customer called you could relay this information giving the customer confidence in your services.

fizzy

Just heard from a client that they stopped getting mails around 3pm too. I'm glad I was able to find out that it's a general problem here. Seems OK now, but the e-mails sent to the client during the downtime don't seem to be there? Hopefully just lagged and will turn up eventually - I'll join the support phone queue for as long as I can stand it and try and get some further info....

fizzy

A short phoneline wait for once! :) Tech support were adamant that the only issue they had today was with sending e-mails, whereas my client's issue was with receiving them. A couple of the client's missing e-mails turned up during my call, so for anyone else missing mails, they should turn up in time at least, and the guy I spoke with is going to log the fact that incoming mail has been delayed either due to being connected to the SMTP server issue, or another issue.

johned

Thats a regular thing with there dbs and I have posted the same subject already. Dont even bother contacting customer support as they cant be arsed answering and close tickets (probably trying to beat the minimum wage). I just logged in to a clients namesco uk account today, where the f#ck has cpanel gone, Why have they merged two sepperate hosting accounts in to one and got one of my clients paying for anothers hosting, How the f#ck am I supposed to access ftp setting etc from the new (and ****e) system....

Should I even bother opening a ticket?? Yes and I will post back when they close it

adrian5750

HI All

Just arrived at this thread - wondering if anybody else who is still using Reg365/Namesco is having 'issues' getting into the hsphere control panel this morning?

One of our sites uses their built-in mailing lists - and a user emailed me today to ask that I change their email address on the list - but the hsphere control panel seems to be broken....

Really must get my finger out and continue transferring all of my domains away from this bunch of jokers.....

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.