Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian5750

HI again
Seems Reg365 have screwed something up quite thoroughly....
Their shiny new control panel shows 14 of my domains as 'parked' - even though they're pointing to hosting on thier own servers....

Also noticed that the ratbags are charging €10+vat (each!) for changing Nominet tags on domains......

...with this in mind, would you recommend just flipping the DNS's to a new provider instead. My only worry is that this still leaves Namesco 'involved' in the equation - which worries me....

What a shame the company was sold....

Adrian

neweb

HI All

Just arrived at this thread - wondering if anybody else who is still using Reg365/Namesco is having 'issues' getting into the hsphere control panel this morning?

One of our sites uses their built-in mailing lists - and a user emailed me today to ask that I change their email address on the list - but the hsphere control panel seems to be broken....

Really must get my finger out and continue transferring all of my domains away from this bunch of jokers.....

Adrian

Same here Adrian,
Cant access any panels.

That’s emails last week and panels this week.

Do you know the procedures for dealing with namesco.

1. Get told here that they are a good company and you are just bashing them before they have a chance to prove themselves
2. Call them and stay on the line until you collect your pension
3. Send a support ticket so they can reply with some random statement then close your ticket.
4. Most important…. Play the ticket game with namesco…… you keep opening tickets while they keep closing them. The one who has the most patience wins. Its not going to fix your problem but its fun to do while your waiting to gain access to your control panel.

Try it…. Post a ticket "control panel down" and nothing else. A ticket like this should recive a response something like " can you please explain your problem" then you reply with the full problem.

Instead you will get "can you please explain your problem" TICKET CLOSED

There a bunch of f*****g morons… I'm shocked that some people here still support them and bang on about how good a company they are.

adrian5750

HI Alan

Same here Adrian,
Cant access any panels.

That’s emails last week and panels this week.

Do you know the procedures for dealing with namesco.

1. Get told here that they are a good company and you are just bashing them before they have a chance to prove themselves
2. Call them and stay on the line until you collect your pension
3. Send a support ticket so they can reply with some random statement then close your ticket.
4. Most important…. Play the ticket game with namesco…… you keep opening tickets while they keep closing them. The one who has the most patience wins. Its not going to fix your problem but its fun to do while your waiting to gain access to your control panel.

Try it…. Post a ticket "control panel down" and nothing else. A ticket like this should recive a response something like " can you please explain your problem" then you reply with the full problem.

Instead you will get "can you please explain your problem" TICKET CLOSED

There a bunch of f*****g morons… I'm shocked that some people here still support them and bang on about how good a company they are.

Thanks for the reply.
Reassuring to know that it's not just me......<g>

I've been putting off moving the domains away from Reg365 - not in any hope that they'd improve - just not relishing the hassle, and being up my ears in other 'stuff' at the moment....

What's your thoughts on simply switching the DNS to my new hosting company - seems kinda cheeky that Reg365 are charging folks for the privilege of moving their DNS Tags away - when it's simply in response to the dreadful service they're providing.....

...and DON'T anybody pop up to tell me 'it's just teething troubles and it's all going to get better soon....!' - 'cos that one's wearing a bit thin.

Still. I've raised a couple of tickets - so now I can join in the 'Ticketing' game - what fun (not!)

What a shower of incompetants!

Adrian

neweb

I'm interested in this moving tags away charge.

If I change my DNS tags they charge me?????

What if I am transferring to another provider or a customer wishes to move from register365 to another provider, are they going to charge for that as well.

adrian5750

HI Alan

I'm interested in this moving tags away charge.

If I change my DNS tags they charge me?????

What if I am transferring to another provider or a customer wishes to move from register365 to another provider, are they going to charge for that as well.

Looks like it.....
If you go into the new Reg365 Control Panel (which isn't the same as the one that used to be at cp.hosting.365.ie - currently broken) you'll see this

---------
Change Nominet Tag
Only change the TAG for this domain if you wish to pass administrative control to another provider. Once you change the TAG, the new provider will charge you for the renewal of the domain. This transfer procedure will incur a one-off fee of £10.00+vat (or €12.49+vat) to cover our administration costs. Please allow 1-2 days for the changes to take effect.
-----------

It's under Domain Names | Domains on account | DNS and Transfer options | Transfer domains

Seems you can still change the DNS without charge, but to actually change the Tag, they'll charge you....

Bit of a cheek - but a nice little earner for them! - and very annoying for us! I was prepared to pick up the tab with the new hosting company (for domain extention - as, after all, it's invoicable back to the client when renewal comes up again) - but this is simply taking the pi**.

Maybe Hosting365 would like to explain how this benefits his ex-customers? - cos I'm blowed if I can see the advantage to me - and just why I should pay Reg365/Namesco topside of €150 beacuse their Support and Service is so hopeless that I'm leaving, is beyond me!

Adrian

adrian5750

Blow me Vicar - the Control Panel just started working again !

Look out for the Support Ticket reply some time in the next couple of days saying 'Problem ? - what problem ? CLOSED'

Grrr!
Adrian

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If they're trying to charge you for retagging co.uk domains you can take them out of the equation entirely and get Nominet to do it for you.
The cost for retagging a single domain via Nominet maybe slightly higher, but you can do multiple ones at once and save yourself money.

(FYI: It doesn't cost the registrar a red cent to retag a name - it's 100% free and takes seconds to complete)

neweb

I have said it before and I will say it again. Namesco is just another English company that don't give a dam about there Irish customers. They removed apps change setting, charge for services that are free and take no time to do, don't answer support when its needed and don't keep you informed of whats happening with your accounts.

The thing that gets me the most is the fact that Hosting365 keeps coming on to the forums to blow the trumpet of Namesco. That must be getting harder to do as each day passes with more and more problems arising.

Hosting365 hung its resellers out to dry and that’s becoming more and more clear.

Register365 was a very reputable company of a very high calibre. Now its nothing more then a cheap whore turning tricks.

Its becoming more and more evident that I need to start looking at other providers. They are destroying the reputation of my business as each day go's by.

Dedicated servers on hosting365 will not be an option as I don't fancy having the same people sell me down the river AGAIN.

I have a domain due up soon so I might give Blacknight a try with this account. This will be a good test bed for all my accounts.

adrian5750

HI Blacknight

If they're trying to charge you for retagging co.uk domains you can take them out of the equation entirely and get Nominet to do it for you.
The cost for retagging a single domain via Nominet maybe slightly higher, but you can do multiple ones at once and save yourself money.

(FYI: It doesn't cost the registrar a red cent to retag a name - it's 100% free and takes seconds to complete)

Ah - so it's a penalty for transferring away from Reg365 then.....
...nice !

Some of the domains are .co.uk - some are .com -
if it ends up costing me €150 euro to transfer the DNS Tags then I'l probably do it just to get away from such a bunch of shysters - but it's starting to feel like a rip-off.....

Be interesting to see somebody put a positive spin on this one ...>??

BY the way - when moving stuff from a non-responsive bunch of tosspost, like, for instance, Register365 to a nice, friendly, helpful, hosting company whom I won't embarass by naming <g> - is there any value in redirecting the dns first, and then doing the re-tag thing - or are Register365 just as likely to cock things up whichever way round you do it ??

Just don;t want my clients' sites to get lost in the cyber-wilderness again - like they were the last time Register365 attempted anything technical for me

Regards
Adrian

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
They shouldn't be charging you to transfer .com domains out. If they are, which I doubt, then ICANN would be very interested to hear about it :)

For co.uk domains you can get Nominet to do the retagging for you:
Change Registrar

You should have an online account with Nominet for any domains that are registered to you.

As for the best way to move ...

I'd change the dns first I guess ...

adrian5750

HI Blacknight

They shouldn't be charging you to transfer .com domains out. If they are, which I doubt, then ICANN would be very interested to hear about it :)

For co.uk domains you can get Nominet to do the retagging for you:
Change Registrar

You should have an online account with Nominet for any domains that are registered to you.

As for the best way to move ...

I'd change the dns first I guess ...

Thanks for that info....

I've emailed them 'a stiff letter' <g> - asking them to confirm that they won't be charging me re-tag the domains - I'll let y'all know what they say..

Perishers, aren't they ?

Adrian

starfire

I want to get a certain .at
but am having issues aquiring it not just with register but other places too
It says it is available but when i go to buy it i run into problems

starfire

I have tried it with 3 seperate registers and I am getting nowhere
One says its an internal error one doesnt well work
Register365 says its not available even though other registers say it is
I may try it with euroDNS, see how I go.
Costs a bit more but feck it

eamo

Why host with them if they present so many problems?
Sometimes, people sign up with hosting companies and they don't know what problems will happen in the future. If you have a small insignificant blog, then its easy to backup and change host. But for more sophisticated sites, you have to work through the problems.

weathercheck

Hey folks.

I have 2 .net domains that i want to transfer away from register365
but i can seem to be able to do this it says that i must pay a 10 pound fee
cause of handling costs etc?

Surely i should have the right tor recieve the EPP authorisation code for free?

Regards

Transfer a .com .net .org .biz .info or .us away from Namesco The domain name above is currently LOCKED by default by Namesco. This prevents unauthorised or fraudulent transfers occurring. Transferring away will require your domain name to be UN-LOCKED for a period of 60 days which we call a '60 Day Transfer Window'.
The transfer process below requires manual intervention from both yourself and Namesco and for this we charge a nominal £10.00+VAT transfer fee. By logging into your Control Panel and proceeding to pay the transfer fee, you will have fully authorised the domain name to be transferred away whether the domain name is registered to you or you are acting on behalf of the legal registrant/owner of the domain. Once the fee is paid, we will not need any further forms of authorisation.
You will need to enter a valid e-mail address below. Once you make payment, we will both UN-LOCK the domain name and update the Admin Contact e-mail address on the domain name's WHOIS record with the one you provide and open a 60 day transfer window.
You will then need to speak to your new provider and ask them to initiate a transfer through their registrar (domain name supplier). Their registrar will then send an e-mail, to the valid e-mail address you provide, asking you to authorise or reject the transfer. Once you authorise the transfer, your domain name should be successfully transferred to the new provider in around 7 days.
If the domain name has not been transferred away from Namesco within 60 days of you making payment for the transfer, we will automatically LOCK the domain name again to secure it from long term unauthorised or fraudulent transfers.

Gavin

Surely i should have the right tor recieve the EPP authorisation code for free?

I've heard this was happening with R365 customers. I don't know of any other hosts that do this and to be honest I don't know your rights on the matter, Blacknight would be the one to answer that.

I had dealings with Namesco last year and they were the worst host I have ever experienced, even the $1 a month hosts were better.

Status
Not open for further replies.