Status
Not open for further replies.

cbf

Just wondered what experiences people have of adding video to their websites. Specifically, any improvements in conversion.

Thanks

paul

Ninja
If you are selling a product (i.e. head shavers) and you do a review and demo of the said product (shave someones head) on your landing page, it should help. Of course you would need to make the video to a good standard. I haven't worked too much with video though, but anything that gets your visitor to stay longer on your page is normally good.

tomed

Have no back up on statistics for conversion, but some studies showed a clickthrough rate of 5% on video ads compared to banner ads which are at less than 1% now. It's new, so I guess it has a certain level of increased interest.

We completed a site www.carshowonvid.ie for a guy who now offers the video service as far as I'm aware.

andywozhere

You could always go down the easy route of loading up and embedding Youtube videos. If the video gets picked up on Youtube you could get traffic and if not you'll at least get a few links to your site via the Youtube stats page.

Status
Not open for further replies.