Status
Not open for further replies.

jsweb

Ah I just have to laugh when I see sites (part of huge corporation businesses) who have sites like this: PCWorld

..Currently under construction.

I remember speaking with the head of branch in Blanchardstown a rew months ago asking when it was coming online. He replied with "do we have a website?"... :D

Also only the other day I gave their Business section a call (which does have a site: PC World Business - Taking Care of Your Business) about trying to place an order. All orders are dispatched from the UK (Manchester) so it is actually cheaper to order from the UK website than the .ie site... lol

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Yes ... we here at forbairt media until recently just had a under construction page ... now the management team decided it should evolve and be slightly more elaborate while its still under construction.

(We = .. me and that cat)

PCWorld has been like that for a LONG time ...

Then there was the incident at christmas I believe when they hadn't paid their bills :D

jsweb

Then there was the incident at christmas I believe when they hadn't paid their bills

Ah yes, I remember that. They were hosting with Hosting365 on a small reseller account and missed payments, the site then switched to SUSPENDED.. lol

Good luck with your site. Don't forget to tell your boss to keep paying you or the same may happen..lol :p

jsweb

Is there any other sites out there like pc word business that don't charge you the vat when you buying....?
For computer goods we use eBuyer.com [you can switch VAT ON/OFF at the top]; As we are a UK registered VAT company we can opt out of VAT from within our account by providing a valid Reg number but I'm not sure if that is valid if you are buying from Ireland <> UK. Perhaps the same is valid, worth giving them a call.

Also what about www.gho.ie as they sell to trade?

gav240z

I find it funny...

I find it really funny that people still use the animated under construction sign. We all gotta start somewhere I guess. One of my first websites looked about this bad :).

n3tFl0w

I find it really funny that people still use the animated under construction sign. We all gotta start somewhere I guess. One of my first websites looked about this bad :).

Yeah but with the tools available nowadays its unforgivable... :)

markowe

LOL, this is actually stated on the site.
They are telling people to go elsewhere
"SAVE YOUR TIME... SAVE YOUR MONEY...
GET A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AT A FRACTION OF THE COST"

How can you mock such expert use of tables!?

Really is scary though - appears to have just been drawn in Dreamweaver, with the accompanying total chaos (span tag for every single style).

Beggars belief that they even dare offer their services - I hate to think if any "established business" actually employed them... Still, every business has these cowboys - I see it in my own line of work (not webmastering) - just confirms to me once again that you need have no compunction about charging premium prices for a quality service. Don't like the price? Go phone the cowboys and see what you get for 195 EUR...

Status
Not open for further replies.