Status
Not open for further replies.

cgarvey

Don't agree with the delting of the thread

Don't think there's any Digiweb bias at boards.ie

It's a great shame that hosting talk is banned (and I've treid repetedly to have it reinstated, but boards.ie owners are completely dismissive of the notion). The reason? Hosters themselves. The hosters in this thread (that I recognise anyway) had a role to play in that decision.

jmcc

The story seems to have made it as far as the Enterprise Ireland mailing list.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

So I just saw :)

Might help speed up Digiweb's announcement...
If there is no announcement and the rumours are left to circulate, it could cause a bit of a migration. Mixing yellow pack hosting customers with bluechip customers has to be done carefully otherwise both sets can get upset.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc

I wonder if the Enn people that moderate the Enterprise Ireland list have gone off to look for the press releases? :)

Regards...jmcc

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
I wonder if the Enn people that moderate the Enterprise Ireland list have gone off to look for the press releases? :)

Regards...jmcc
Lol that would be fun.

Does anyone know who the original poster was on boards and is there anymore evidence other that their thread and the obvious non-denial by digiweb and novara.

hosting365

There have been 'rumbles' around the industry, including news about Novara going into the web design business.

Never say never, but I find the data reliable.

jmcc

Well one person on the EI list denied it but is not an employee of either company. The ENN people seem to be waiting for the press releases (no surprise there).

Regards...jmcc

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Well one person on the EI list denied it but is not an employee of either company. The ENN people seem to be waiting for the press releases (no surprise there).

Regards...jmcc
Yea saw that. His site is hosted with Novara so I guess he got jumpy when he saw the thread and called them and some support worker said no. I don't know him but based on his site he doesn't seam to be someone would anything insider.

What else would you expect of ENN? :)

jmcc

Nobody has said anything about the source. Though I find this ENN - The ENN Blog rubbish from ENN ridiculous. Perhaps the people at ENN have forgotten that they are supposed to be journalists and a crucial part of journalism is checking things out. Though in my opinion ENN is just a PR outfit that gave up any journalistic credibility years ago.

Regards...jmcc

hosting365

LOL, ENN are an utter joke.

Like the time they 'covered' our last outage, stating 'no one was available for comment' despite the guy speaking at length to Ed Byrne 20 minutes before the post.

Or more recently covering another issue we had.

Never see outages like Digiweb's of a week or so covered tho

Axe to grind methinks?

Journalists certainly not!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The spate of Digiweb outages in the last couple of weeks seem to have avoided any media coverage.. Unless it was well hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.